Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pancake Thursday and how to get the fire department to join in the fun!

Hello Friends!

Oh the places and things we will do! You never know what can happen here at Cherub. Just when you thought you knew about everything that could happen....we had something new, exciting, unique and hopefully a once in a great while adventure!

It all started when I had sprayed some non-stick spray on the griddle and turned it on! Poof! A puff of smoke started rising and then...and then...and then...the smoke alarm went off with the automated voice saying, "The fire alarm has been activated...please evacuate the building." Our children are well trained, they stood up from watching me make pancake batter and lined up at the door. I was so proud of them! No one panicked, everyone except me was calm....I was more mad at myself then anything else....I called the VA Police who called VA Engineering who had called the Contra Costa Fire Department. They arrived within 1-2 minutes in full fire fighting gear! So we really got a two-fer. A cooking lesson and a visit from the fire department all in one. Our children were most impressed! And...by the way, the pancakes turned out great according to the children!

We also are still working on our ocean project. Today we made fish to go into the ocean. Oh so cute and fun! They are certainly fish of a different color. I used some old magazines and scrapbook paper to cut out the fish shapes and our friends decorated them any way they wanted.

Make it a great day!

Miss Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment