Friday, October 14, 2011

All My Chickens

Dear Friends,

With the ending of "All My Children", we have a new reality soap opera right here at Cherub! It's called "All My Chickens". As you know, this is what I call my friends here, either my Chickens or Chicken Lickins. They giggle and laugh everytime I call them this. We have our daily traumas and dramas here too, people exhibiting the full range of human emotions every day! It's all in days work. However, if we could sell this to reality t.v., you'd never have to pay tuition again! Alas, no one has offered to feature us as "The Real Children of Cherub Child Care" or "Martinez Shore" or "Big Brother...the Cherub version" . OK, I'm done....

Today has been really fun! We played vegetable bingo where everyone is a winner and vegetable guess game...clues about a veggie and they had to guess what it was. We are working hard at learning our Halloween songs; lots and lots to learn and they are fun too!

This afternoon we "water painted". Just water in a bin, sponges, paintbrushes, rollers etc. and paint pictures on the concrete out back. The children loved it! So much fun with not much cost! I love it!

Thanks to the families that helped us fundraise $500 towards our sand for sandbox. Yahoo and thank you to everyone who helped. Your product will be here soon! Also, a new fundraiser coming up....I invented this idea about 25 years ago and it has been a hit at all the places that I have worked...it's called "Kid's Night Out". No parents allowed! Cherub families can drop off their child from 6- 10 p.m. on Friday, 11/18 for pizza, ice cream, craft project, movie and playing outside in the dark for fun! The cost is $35 per child and siblings are welcome. I am donating my time to fundraise for Cherub...hopefully $300-350. There will be a date for December, too.

Have a beautiful weekend and make a memory with your family!


Miss Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment