It's an all request day....let me begin by saying that we have a very few "chickens" here today...several out sick and some on vacation. That's fairly common in the summer to have low numbers off and on as children cycle in and out.
So, when you have a small group you can do a ton of things all in one day. Let's see:
- Play with our tents
- Listen to lots of stories (and beg for more)
- Sing and dance
- Sharing Day
- Outdoor time in the sand box, riding bikes, on the climber and painting at the easels.
- Pretend to be Spiderman, The Little Mermaid and Woody from Toy Story
- Set up and serve each other in our ice cream shop with REAL ice cream with all the fixings!
- Water and shaving cream fun outside in the water tables
- Free choice with toys, dolls, cars and more
- Have a yummy morning snack of applesauce and crackers
- Full discourse on the merits of using your imagination
- Play Simon Says to "exercize" our ears
- Beg Miss Sue to tell "20 hundred" Susan stories (autobiographical stories used as cautionary tales!)
- Ask if you can come to school tomorrow, even though it is Saturday.
Have a great weekend!